With Ken and me both sick with pneumonia, our morning routine has been a bit lax and we read no books in the morning. In the evening we read:
- A-tisket a-tasket by Ella Fitzgerald, with alternate words for the song;
- The Sheep Fairy: When Wishes Have Wings by Ruth Louise Symes, an odd little tale about a sheep who wants to fly;
- Mama Cat has three kittens by Denise Fleming. Reid’s eyes lit up when she saw the front cover of this book and then asked to hear it a second time;
- Row, Row, Row Your Goat by Bernard Most, a book that has been hiding in Reid’s room for a while and was welcomed back to our reading round;
- Snoozers: 7 Short Short Bedtime Stories for Lively Kids by Sandra Boynton, rollicking rhymes with a focus on sleeping; and
- Good Night, Little One: A Lift-the-Flap book by Salina Yoon, a book that we used to read all of the time but which I pulled out of circulation to give other books a chance to shine.